Welcome to our article on how to perfectly cook hard boiled eggs in an instant pot! Whether you’re a seasoned instant pot user or just starting out, this guide will help you achieve the perfect hard boiled eggs every time. Hard boiled eggs are a staple in many diets and they can be used in a variety of dishes like salads, deviled eggs, and even as a quick snack. With the instant pot, you can simplify the process and achieve consistent results every time. Let’s get started!
Steps how to cook hard boiled eggs in instant pot
Step 1: Prepare Your Instant Pot
The first step is to prepare your instant pot for cooking. Add 1 cup of water to the pot and place the trivet over the water. This will keep the eggs above the water and prevent them from sticking to the bottom.
Step 2: Add the Eggs
Gently place the eggs onto the trivet, making sure they are not touching the sides or each other. You can cook up to 12 eggs at a time in a 6-quart instant pot.
Step 3: Seal the Instant Pot
Place the lid on the instant pot and make sure the valve is set to the “sealing” position.
Step 4: Set Cook Time and Pressure
Press the “manual” button and set the cooking time to 5 minutes on high pressure. Make sure the instant pot is also set to “pressure cook” mode.
Step 5: Natural Release
After the cooking time has elapsed, allow the instant pot to sit for 5 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure. This is known as natural release.
Step 6: Transfer to Ice Bath
While the eggs are still hot, transfer them to a bowl of ice water. This will immediately stop the cooking process and prevent overcooking.
Step 7: Let Eggs Cool Completely
Allow the eggs to cool completely in the ice bath for about 5-10 minutes before peeling. This will make the peeling process easier and prevent the egg white from sticking to the shell.
Step 8: Peel the Eggs
Gently tap each egg on a hard surface to crack the shell. Roll the egg between your hands to loosen the shell, then peel off the shell under running water.
Step 9: Store in the Fridge
Store the peeled eggs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Step 10: Enjoy!
Your perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs are now ready to be enjoyed in your favorite dishes or as a quick snack.
Explanation how to cook hard boiled eggs in instant pot
The instant pot is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used for a variety of cooking tasks, including hard boiling eggs. The high pressure cooking method ensures that the eggs are cooked evenly and quickly, resulting in less time and effort for you. The addition of the trivet elevates the eggs above the water and allows for better air circulation, preventing eggs from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Natural release is an important step in the cooking process as it allows the pressure to slowly release and prevents the eggs from overcooking. The ice bath also stops the cooking process and prevents the egg from turning gray or green in color. Lastly, storing the eggs in an airtight container ensures their freshness and longevity in the fridge.
Tips and Tricks how to cook hard boiled eggs in instant pot
Tip 1: Use Older Eggs
Older eggs peel easier than fresh ones. If possible, use eggs that are at least a week old for better results.
Tip 2: Adjust the Cook Time
If you prefer your eggs softer or harder, adjust the cook time accordingly. For softer yolks, reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes. For firmer yolks, increase the cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
Tip 3: Use the 5-5-5 Method
The 5-5-5 method refers to 5 minutes of cooking time, 5 minutes of natural release, and 5 minutes in an ice bath. This method results in the perfect hard boiled eggs every time.
Tip 4: Pierce the Eggshells
Piercing a small hole in the bottom of the eggshell before cooking can help prevent cracking during the cooking process.
Tip 5: Use Room Temperature Eggs
Allowing eggs to come to room temperature before boiling can prevent them from cracking and make them easier to peel.
Tip 6: Use the Egg Setting
Many instant pots have a specific “egg” setting that takes the guesswork out of cooking hard boiled eggs. If your instant pot has this setting, give it a try!
Tip 7: Use the Trivet Handle
Using the trivet handle to remove the eggs from the instant pot can prevent accidental burns and make the process easier.
Tip 8: Peel Under Running Water
Peeling under running water can help remove the shell more easily and prevent the egg white from sticking to the shell.
Tip 9: Store Eggs in the Carton
Storing hard boiled eggs in the carton can prevent them from picking up odors and flavors from other foods in the fridge.
Tip 10: Use Hard Boiled Eggs in Your Recipes
Hard boiled eggs are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, from salads to sandwiches. Try incorporating them into your favorite recipes for added flavor and nutrition.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cooking Hard-Boiled Eggs in Instant Pot
Cooking hard-boiled eggs doesn’t have to be a hassle with the Instant Pot. This kitchen appliance has gained immense popularity among egg lovers for its efficiency in cooking eggs to perfection. However, like any other kitchen tool, there are both advantages and disadvantages to using the Instant Pot to cook hard-boiled eggs.
1. Fast cooking time – Instant Pot only takes about 5-6 minutes to cook hard-boiled eggs, much quicker compared to conventional boiling methods.
2. Consistency – The Instant Pot ensures that the eggs are cooked evenly, which means every egg is cooked to the same level of hardness.
3. Easy to peel – Many users find that the eggs cooked in Instant Pot are easier to peel.
4. Space-saving – With the Instant Pot, you can cook up to a dozen eggs at once, freeing up stove space for other meal preparation.
5. Energy-saving – An Instant Pot uses less energy compared to conventional methods of boiling eggs, making it an eco-friendly choice.
6. Reduced risk of overcooking – You can accurately set the cooking time on the Instant Pot, meaning you can avoid overcooking the eggs.
7. Multifunctional – Besides cooking eggs, the Instant Pot can be used for a variety of dishes, making it a versatile and functional kitchen appliance.
8. Great for meal prep – You can easily cook a large batch of hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot for meal prep throughout the week.
9. Less maintenance – The Instant Pot is easy to clean and requires less maintenance compared to other egg cooking methods.
10. Affordable – An Instant Pot is a relatively affordable kitchen appliance, making it a cost-effective option for egg lovers.
1. Initial learning curve – As with any new appliance, it may take a few tries before perfecting the cooking method.
2. The smell – The natural sulfurous odor of boiled eggs can be intensified when cooked in the Instant Pot.
3. Not suitable for delicate eggs – If you want soft-boiled or medium-boiled eggs, the Instant Pot may not be the right method as it typically results in hard-boiled eggs only.
4. Limited capacity – Depending on the size of your Instant Pot, you may only be able to cook a dozen eggs at once.
5. Risk of exploding eggs – If the pressure release valve is not set correctly or the eggs are too fresh, there’s a risk of the eggs exploding during cooking.
6. Need for specialized accessories – You might need to purchase specialized accessories like a steamer basket to cook eggs in the Instant Pot.
7. Large size – The Instant Pot may take up a significant amount of space on your countertop or in your kitchen storage.
8. Time for pressure release – After cooking eggs in the Instant Pot, you need to release the pressure, which can take a few minutes.
9. Difficult to observe eggs while cooking – Unlike boiling eggs on the stove, you can’t observe the eggs while they’re cooking in the Instant Pot.
10. Durability – Some users have reported that the Instant Pot does not last as long as other kitchen gadgets and may need to be replaced after a few years.
Despite some drawbacks, the pros of cooking hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot outweigh the cons. With the advantages of time, consistency, and easy peeling, it’s no wonder that many egg lovers choose to cook their eggs this way. By taking advantage of the Instant Pot’s benefits and being aware of its limitations, you can enjoy perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs in no time.
1. Can I cook hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can cook hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.
2. How long does it take to cook hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot?
It takes about 5-7 minutes to cook hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.
3. Do I need to use a trivet when cooking hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you need to use a trivet when cooking hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot to prevent the eggs from touching the bottom of the pot and cracking.
4. How much water do I need to use when cooking hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot?
You need to use 1 cup of water when cooking hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.
5. How do I release pressure when cooking hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot?
You can release pressure manually by turning the valve to “venting” or you can let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes before manually releasing it.
6. How do I know when the eggs are cooked?
You can check if the eggs are cooked by using the “10-minute rule”. Let the eggs sit in the cold water for 10 minutes after cooking. If the yolk is still slightly soft, cook the eggs for an additional minute or two.
7. How do I peel hard boiled eggs easily?
Put the eggs in cold water immediately after cooking and let them sit for a few minutes. Then, tap the eggs on a hard surface to create small cracks all over the surface. Finally, peel the egg under cold running water starting from the big end.
8. How many eggs can I cook at once in an Instant Pot?
You can cook up to 12 eggs at once in an Instant Pot.
9. Can I use an Instant Pot to make soft boiled eggs?
Yes, you can use an Instant Pot to make soft boiled eggs. Cook them for 3-4 minutes for soft boiled eggs.
10. What should I do if an egg cracks while cooking in an Instant Pot?
Remove the cracked egg and proceed with the remaining eggs.
11. Can I cook eggs without a trivet in an Instant Pot?
No, you should always use a trivet when cooking eggs in an Instant Pot to prevent the eggs from touching the bottom and cracking.
12. How long can I store hard boiled eggs in the fridge?
You can store hard boiled eggs in the fridge for up to one week.
13. What are some other ways to cook eggs in an Instant Pot?
You can also make poached eggs, scrambled eggs and omelets using an Instant Pot.
Hard boiled eggs are a staple in many households for creating quick, easy and healthy meals. With the rise of instant pot cookers, it’s become easier than ever to make perfect, easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs in just a few simple steps. In this article, we’ll take a look at how to cook hard boiled eggs in instant pot and achieve the perfect results every time.
The first step in making hard boiled eggs in instant pot is to place them in the steamer basket. You can add as many eggs as you need, as long as they fit comfortably in the basket. Once the eggs are in the basket, pour in enough water to cover the bottom of the pot. The water level should not be higher than the top of the eggs in the basket.
Next, you’ll want to set the instant pot to manual mode and set the timer for 5-7 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness. For firm eggs, set the timer for 7 minutes. For slightly runny centers, set the timer for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off, use the quick release method to release the pressure from the pot.
After releasing the pressure, carefully remove the eggs from the pot using tongs, and place them immediately in an ice bath. This will stop the cooking process and make them easier to peel. Allow the eggs to cool for 5-10 minutes in the ice bath, then remove them and pat dry with a paper towel.
Conclusion how to cook hard boiled eggs in instant pot
Making hard boiled eggs in instant pot is a quick and easy process that can be done in just a few simple steps. Whether you’re looking for firm or slightly runny eggs, the key is to use the right amount of water and set the timer for the appropriate amount of time. By following these steps, you’re sure to achieve perfect, easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs every time.
Closing how to cook hard boiled eggs in instant pot
Thank you for reading our article on how to cook hard boiled eggs in instant pot. We hope you found this information helpful in achieving perfect hard boiled eggs every time. Experiment with your cooking times and water levels to find the perfect level of doneness for your personal preference. Happy cooking!